Monday, April 19, 2010

Just gimme 4 minutes, to kill.

Just over a year ago, I wrote a shameless blog post (what else is new right -_-) just to gain entry to a party because let's face it, there was no way I'd ever be invited to any parties, on the account that I wasn't cool enough, obviously =(

So, I guess the powers-that-be (in the shape of Nuffnangers) took pity on me, and gave me two tickets so I could mingle with society, and off I went!

If there was ever a conversation up there in the Heavens (or Hell, whichever), it would be liddis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Angel/Demon #1: Whoa this dude so sad meh, everyday play Dota AI+ like nothing better to do.
Angel/Demon #2: Eh, geng ok. Can win 1 vs 5 insane heroes. YOU CAN OR NOT.
Angel/Demon #1: No way la. Impossible. Even if you manage to kill all of them, they will push your base finish d gg no rmk.
Angel/Demon #2: You watch and see la. If he win, let him go party with Jojo Struys la.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the record, it took me and the gay bashing Indon maid approx. 1year plus to perfect the strategies to win solo against 5 Insane Dota AI++ without much hassle.

So with one extra ticket in hand, I invited Miss Ting to go party with Kenny Sia + Nuffnangers and Jojo Struys yo!

Yaadaa yaadaa yaada fast forward a year later (which is now), Miss Ting told me one day,

"Eh, I kenang budi wan ok."

She had won entries to the Gatsby event, which was held last Saturday in Timesquare and
could bring one friend. So she brought me! Kenang budi ftw yay.

THE END.

.......

.......

.......

Ok ok she is gonna kill me if I don't write more coz I promised that I'd also write something or else next time she wont ajak me go anywhere d and I'm back to staying home and pawning the AI heroes =( aih.

Really lor, actually basically everything that happened, Ah Ting has already blogged about it d (and also coz I'm kinda lazy tired lol) ok fine that's not an excuse =(

So now I'm left with nothing to say without telling the same story/bore you guys to death again. Sien, right? Sigh.

I guess now, I'll just try my best to fill in the "blanks". Since all the good stuff has been written (what we did, what we didn't win, what we won etc), I shall take the radical approach and include the stuff 'behind the scenes'.

First off, neither of us knew how to get to Berjaya Timesquare, so I did some VERY thorough research for abit the night the event so we wouldn't get lost. Ok fine all I did was type 'nearest monorail timesquare kl' in Google and I got my answer LOL.

We needed to be there at 10am. So, to be safe, we took the LRT at 8.30am, and reached KL Sentral at 8.50am LOL. Timing damn fail -_- And since we were hungry and had lots of time to kill, we went for McD for breakfast.

That was the first time EVER that I ate Sausage Egg McMuffin WITH EGG. That's right, Mr. Yeah. WITH EGG. I know what you guys are thinking. "But you dont eat eggs". I dont, but I'm not as anal about eggs like Mr Yeah, so just close your eyes and eat can d



We left Sentral at 9.30 and headed for the Sentral Monorail Station. I didn't even know where it was so no choice have to let the girl lead the way pula LOL. Ego bruised #1

On the way there, we were talking about being damn poor and how much money I could earn by being a toy-boy for those auntie-aunties. LOL but that's a story for another day :)

So according to my 'research', we had to get off Imbi station. We took the underpass, and reached the inside of a shopping mall. Hmm, then the real dilemma starts. We were supposed to be at Timesquare Shopping Mall, but we didn't know whether we were inside Timesquare. lol.

I really wanted to just go up to someone and ask 'Excuse me, is this Timesquare Shopping Mall?' but I didn't wanna be perceived by a stranger as a complete retard -_-

I just didn't wanna experience dejavu. It was like my first time taking the LRT to the office, and upon reaching the KLCC LRT station, i asked the security guard 'Cik, KLCC kat mana?' I can still remember her face clearly. It looked like she half wanted to laugh or half wanted to punch me. I never stayed to find out o_O and just continued walking till I saw the Suria KLCC sign lol.

But for the people who has known me for years/decades/ages will know that this is actually a normal/daily thing. -_-''

It's not my fault! You know it's like if don't know if u're in a certain taman eg. Taman Blabla, but when u look around u see Taman Blabla food court, Taman Blabla kedai runcit etc. You just don't see stuff liddat in shopping malls! It's just Nike. Adidas. Coffee Bean. Pfft.

Ok, abit off topic d. So anyway we somehow managed to find out that we WERE indeed in Timesquare, and headed to the foyer where the event was held. The queue for registration was like OMG WTF BBQ so long. -__-'

So, APA LAGI. I went to see if there were any event model chicks to check out. Sorry no photos :(

I took a 5second break to take a 'group photo with Mr. Takuya',

and then i was off again checking out the other models HAHA. whoops -_- nvm she got her Takuya dude to stare at.

My eyes went like:

"Sucks, nope, bleh, hmm.. sux, mehhh. OH HELLOOOOOOO HOW YOU DOINN."

After registering, we got our free tshirt and goody bags. Yay for goody bags! I'm such a cheapo T_T So anyway, it was a Street Fair. And in street fairs, there isn't much we could do but play the millions..and the millions of games to play (Ok, maybe there was only like...8games lol) FOR FREE.

Not only we could play for FREE, In fact, the more we played, the more points we could collect to redeem prizes. o_O This I like.

What I did not like, was this:

All I can say is: Ego bruised #2. Ouch.

I didn't like this stupid %$#@! game too.

I NEVER managed it although I tried it like a 461820934351 times. and then, some girl after me who couldn't even hold the que stick properly just simply pushed the ball and it ACTUALLY WENT IN!!!!

RAWWWRR. RAGE. EMO.

Ego bruised #3.

Needed to boost my manliness abit. So I went to try this.

SOMETHING ELSE BRUISED PULA HAIZ (Hint: not my ego o_O)

More hints: Now I know how Mikel Arteta feels.

Had lunch, 'toured' Timesquare. First time ever I was in Timesquare and I actually think it was bigger than 1Utama. It had 10 floors! But now I think 1U is SLIGHTLY (just slightly) bigger.

There was a lucky draw at 2.30pm, which we won nuts. (lolol nuts)

and there was also a final lucky draw at 5pm (which we also won nuts aih)

Walked abit around Timesquare, and by 3+ my legs were beginning to feel like jelly so we went to camp in KFC. Just outside KFC there was this Chinese singing competition going on. There was one contestant who was so bad, that Miss Ting said the judges weren't even at their seats. They must have gone for a smoke or something LOL.

At 4.30, we went to redeem our goodies with our points;

took our final pic,

and went home!

Reached home in time to watch this,


and although I was soooo poofed/tired, I was very fired up and still enough in me to watch this,


before I died on the bed right after Final Score.

GAME ON. OUR SEASON IS BACK ON TRACK.

That's if we dont lose to spurs la lol -_-

Anyway, it was a good/fun weekend :)

Looks like my fortune cookie was right after all. In the office, we all got a fortune cookie each during Chinese New Year.

Mine said "Your good deeds are never forgotten".

Kenang budi ftw. lol

And now, I really, really, really hope the volcanic ashes subside within like...the next 2 days or my trip to Old Trafford is sooooooooooooooooo screwed -__-'

There goes my holiday. And there goes my one month's pay too. Oh seriously FML. But I guess our lives are more important. Like someone said;

'Holidays can be rescheduled, lives can't'.

Stupid
Eyjafjallajökull volcano. Pfft.

Haiz.