Saturday, January 8, 2011

One Step Closer to the Maxis Om Nom Nom Race

Hello, world!

Ok, sorry, this is supposed to be a fun post thingie and C++ obviously isn't. Unless, it is for you, then,

main()
{
cout << "Hello World!!!";

return 0; }

Sorry for the quite long hiatus from blogging. Been very, very busy at work, at failing at life, and of course I blame the Chinese government. (that's another story to be told later)


But this absolutely caught my eye, and I told myself "Hey, I'm made for this sh...thing!"


What am I talking about? I'm talking about a burger! (ok, sort of)

Yes, it is what it says it is! It's a race, pseudo Amazing Race-like, but, here comes the FUN part. It's a race about/with/for food.


This challenging race is brought to you by Maxis and Apple, and...of course Nuffnang! This challenge will incorporate the use of the iPhone 4, the Finder301 application and Maxis Wireless Broadband!


Click on the sponsor's links for more details.
http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/broadband/wireless_allplans.asp


In terms of broadband, or jalur lebar (patriotism yo!), Maxis has gotta be one of the big boys in the business, definitely. Just look at the amount of people lining up outside Maxis KLCC every morning.

http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/maxis-finder301/id375530216?mt=8#

and who doesn't love iTunes, seriously? iTunes sorts my songs and albums better than me sorting out my CD rack. Well, obviously. Haiz :(


Now it's time for the MOST important part of the blog post. Standing/blogging before the panel of judges for the honour of an awesome team of 4 to join "The Even More Amazing Race Asia".


The purpose here is to be creative, so instead of boring you to death by showing you more pictures of food and how much I love food and how much I love Maxis which you will probably read from 73.67% of other many million entries submitted, I shall try to make this as painless as possible.


This is so if/when your boss eg. Timothy asks "So how's work?", you don't have to say "Same shit, different day, boss."


so I'm here, to plead my case, so to speak. :)


1) Melakans live to eat, not eat to live. And, I'm Melakan/Malaccan.


Yep, born and bred. All 24 years. Well, ok, fine. 22 years. Been working in KL the past 2 years. Growing up in a 'Money spent on food is NEVER wasted' family oriented philosophy.


I used to be able to eat ALOT of EVERYTHING. But ever since my best friend of 24 years, Metty, decided to leave me all alone, I had a new best friend, Fatty, for awhile. Till I decided he was not a friend with good benefits to me, so now I'm riding solo.


I STILL love to eat anything AND everything though, especially at buffets, but my performance has taken a nosedive :( Old ady is liddis wan lor. Haiz.


2) I've not won a contest in agessss.
2) Spending time on a boring Saturday with my buddies/makan kaki/future Om Nom Nom teammates(?)!


Let me introduce them. For simplicity purposes, we shall call them:


Baba, CiCi and DoDo. (blog posts as linked)


Whenever we go food hunting with each other, they're the ones with the camera, busy taking pictures of food when they arrive, and I'll be the grouchy/hungry one "Fasttter laaaaaaa omggg" so let's just hope when they do their blog posts, they'll remember to include me T__T


I've known them all for as along as I can remember, and they're good, fun people to be with! Occasionally annoying, but I can live with that.



Baba (He's really a Melakan Baba!) and I have own each other for...18 years and counting..and we recently went for The Amazing Race Asia 4 audition @ Sunway Pyramid last March, which obviously, we failed miserably.


Which is why, we deserve a 2nd chance, and this race represents it perfectly, don't you think? =)

This is Cici (FHM's very own hottest blogger) and I in last year's Nuffnang's Gatsby's event which we went to last June and had lots of fun, with the exception of not winning any of the lucky draw prizes :(




That's me on the far right. No, DoDo is not the fatty beside me. Although he would definitely win ANY eating contests for us, but I'm pretty sure the car wouldn't have enough horsepower to drag his...i mean..him around with us. DoDo's the dodo on the far left.


Sorry, we couldn't bring the "Put your left hand in, put your left hand out" model from the old TGV Cinemas website layout with us. That'll be too distracting for us.


Yes, I know we look young(er) in those pics, but we're really lacking good recent photos of the both of us right now because..we both have this long time affiliation with cameras. We hate them, and they hate us. It's a mutual understanding thingie. Haiz.


3) Maxis and I go waaaaaaaaaaaay back.

...back to the year 2000. The year Backstreet Boys released their album "Black & Blue". Yea, it was a long time ago, eh? It was a weekend when my father said "Son, when you grow up, would you be, the saviour of the broken, the beaten and the damned?"

...actually it was just 'here's your first mobile number. Just do not blow the bill and you can keep it"

I've been keeping it for 11 years now! 012-6757781. (Please do not spam me :( )

And right now, I'm working IN Maxis Tower, where the signal is AWSMAZING.


On top of that,


I'm also a Maxis Angel! Good morning, Charlieee. (ok, sorry, lame, I know.)


4) Food hunting is our hobby.

Euro Deli's Matterhorn burger challenge - check

Road Trips for Ipoh Dim Sum and Penang's Char Kuay Teow - check (this one can tick many times lol)


Best pasta, best steak, best nasi lemak, you name it, we've done it. Shall keep to my word and not spam you with brilliantly taken pictures of good food. I'll leave the photos and the food reviews etc to my partner(s)-in-crime's blogs.


Coz that's what teammates are for ;)


Which brings us back to the main reason of all this:



"You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us

...aaand the world will be as one" - Imagine (John Lennon)

=)

If I'm/we're chosen, we'll be blogging on the move. So, watch this space!

Blog

Facebook

Twitter

Email


I don't really care if we win or lose, the most important thing is that we have lotsa fun! (Cheesy ftw)


I'll see you guys there. Be there, or be square!


P.S - I'm an L-size :)